Pages

Search blog and web

Does your spouse say anything if you run errands at night?

Hello everyone! I hope everyone finds this in best of heath.

So today I was getting some work done at Panera bread and these ladies were sitting next to me discussing their relationship problems. Anyway so at first I was trying not to eavesdrop but once the discussion got interesting I could not help it (did not get much done though, but that is my own fault).

In summary lady#1 was saying that she wishes her husband was more I guess for lack of a better word gentlemanly. She wanted him to open the doors for her, carry groceries up, show affection when they went out with friends but apparently more importantly she did not feel like he worried about her?Apparently he let her go to the grocery store at midnight to get something and she thought that he should have volunteered to go instead.

Lady#2 I guess was more on the there is nothing wrong with lady#1's husband letting her go to the store at night because the store is close enough. She also said that she would not want her spouse to tell her what to do.

Just to point it out I live in a very small city. We don't even have our own police station they come from the next city. So it is relatively safe here.

Lady#3 basically just said that her husband does all of the things lady#1 wanted her husband to do because she "trained" her husband right.

So what does everyone think? I guess with time things have changed. In the past a husband might have insisted upon going to the store to save his damsel in distress. Do women still expect that from their SO?

On the other hand with women progressing farther than ever in professional life and home life being more of a 50/50 should women still expect that kind of luxury?

Personally I lived by myself a long time before I met FH so I see no problem with going to the store by myself at night. There have been numerous times when FH was cooking and wanted me to go to the store and grab something really quick and I did not think much of it except that better him cooking than me haha!

Opinions?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment