Pages

Search blog and web

Would you date someone with genital herpes?

  • Thread Starter

Would you date someone who has genital herpes (HSV-2)? Doesn't matter if you're male or female.

Some things to consider:
-once you get herpes it stays in you for life
-there is a 10% chance of transmission with unprotected sex (avoided during outbreaks, which reduce year by year)
-there is a 5% chance of transmission, if the infected person is on suppressive antiviral therapy
-if condoms are used, the transmission rate is reduced to only 2.5%
-many people have it but don't know it

Would you risk it? What would you do if someone you had been dating for a while and liked told you they have HSV-2?

I have genital herpes and I think I got either from my current girlfriend or once when I was on holidays and a condom broke (I was already having sex with my current gf then, but we weren't together). My GF knows I have it but has never had any symptoms, even though we accidentally had sex during an outbreak (the first one ever, thought it was a cut from my zipper).

Personally, I don't really care that much about it. Every time I get an outbreak, I just eat some Antivirals and it disappears immediately, before it even causes any pain or inconvenience.

But anyways, they say you should always tell your partner that you have it. How would you react when someone told you this?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment