Pages

Search blog and web

Suddenly pretty, it's confusing...

  • Thread Starter

Okay so I'm a girl and all my life I haven't been considered attractive. I was overweight and had hairy eyebrows, a big nose and didn't know how to apply makeup etc, you get the jist! In college I used to envy girls with there perfect figure and perfect makeup and the fact boys oogled them, whereas I got no attention. In fact my friends got attention (as they were naturally beautiful despite not knowing how to dress/do makeup) and I had terrible low confidence.

Fast forwards to uni and I shed a load of weight, and learn how to do makeup. I can apply it very well and always have a made-up but not too over the top face and I dress well for my figure and basically put effort into my appearance.

This is where the confusion starts. All my uni friends complement me saying how beautiful I am and how I always look amazing, but I was the same girl who was side-lined and didn't know how to dress or anything. I get a lot of attention off guys in my course too and although some of these guys aren't super attractive, and my friends say I can do loads better, I still have that mentality from the past and secretly can't believe I'm getting all this attention and I appreciate it a lot, even from these so called 'average' guys, as I still feel below average.

What I'm trying to say is my mind can't adjust to this new me. I can't believe I'm the same girl that the good-looking, popular girls used to look down on and laugh at. I don't even know if this is making sense, but how can I adjust to this new me?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment