Pages

Search blog and web

Handling

My husband and I have been together 14 yrs married now for almost 11 of those. We have 2 children and outwardly a really good life. Inwardly we have been through too much. I have many things I feel like I need to talk about but to focus this topic would be resentment. I am feeling as if nothing I do is good enough. I currently have a decent job making decent money, but not the same as my husband. I work weekends now because as he has continued to move up in his company he has been requested to travel more and more.
I felt that working weekends provides for me to be there through the week while he is out of town. I am able to be there before and after school, get them to and from practices and help out during the entire summer versus having a babysitter.
He has always put down my work as I am an operations supervisor and he wants me to pick a normal career. I got it... My job is no nine to five job and that's all he seems to care about. I just found out he is currently setting me up job interviews and talking me up with all his company contacts. While I appreciate the "help" I never said I wanted a nine to five and honestly I will be making less than I do now, which will be one more thing we fight about.
Financially we are fine and could make due on his salary alone but I like to work and want people to know more about me than being his wife. I like feeling accomplished and I like being there for my kids. His biggest problem is the three days I do work are 12+ hours and I miss all the kids activities on those days unless I take vacation- which I have quite a bit of.
He travels every week and that's okay because he is the bread winner? I have supported his career no matter what even when he has used his traveling to have PA and EA with several other people. Should I just be accepting of his help to try and save my marriage?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment