Pages

Search blog and web

Article: Men Get Your "Stuff" Together

OMG.

This guy needs to spend some time on TAM.

While I think I understand the heart of his message...it just feels like it belongs in the 80's...where seems to be the timeline of his personal anecdotes. Yes, rape is bad. And yes, there are still dudes out there today who are top-notch A-holes, but this guy is only self-flagellating his own guilt by projecting his past attitudes on all men. No, I have never considered rape...and when I am mad, angry, or work out at the gym...I never automatically get triggered into a maniac, looking to club a woman over the head and drag her to my cave.

Masculinity is not evil. Masculinity can be dangerous and powerful, yes...but it is better for men to pursue that power and have other men to help him responsibly discipline himself...then to subjugate himself for the comfort of others and then create generations of men, like me, who are passive-aggressive, have no identity, and lose the respect of their wives...because men have been trained to associate masculinity with being a potential abuser.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment