Pages

Search blog and web

Adult ADD.....

Anybody else been diagnosed with this? I suspect I have it so my dr. is sending me for testing to confirm.

I am 46 and have found for years that I have a hard time focusing/concentrating, etc. I get easily distracted. I also have a hard time handling emotions as well...when I have to use my brain to figure something out I give up before I even started. At one point a couple of years ago I signed up for an online course toward my degree then when I began the course I gave up as I got bored and/or found the material non interesting so I could not force myself to even do it. I did this for about two years straight...register for a course then drop it within a month...probably went thru about 7 or 8 courses...


I do not like the idea of taking medication if that is what it comes down to however if it improves certain things in my life why not...

I used to scoff at labels such as ADD as I thought it was just an excuse that people used however I started to think well maybe something is off with my wiring (so to speak):scratchhead:

I also can be talking to someone and will change subjects on a dime if something comes into my head..people have commented on this to me...I am also a fast talker and I do interrupt people often in order to get everything in that I want to say.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment