Pages

Search blog and web

Anyone here ever worked with their spouse?

My husband (and I) own a business together. We've had it for 23 years. I never worked with my husband until a couple years ago. I previously worked in a law firm and when my boss decided to retire, I was going to be out of a job. During this time, my father's health started to deteriorate and my sister and I were his care givers. I didn't want to start a new job with my dad's health as bad as it was, so my husband asked if I wanted to come to work with him. I had my reservations about the two of us working together. I was afraid we'd be spending too much time together and I didn't want to do anything to throw a wrench into our marriage. However, we both decided that we would give it a try and if it worked out, I would stay, but if not, then no big deal, I'd just look for another job. That was almost 2 years ago and so far, so good. It was nice when my dad was having to be taken to doctor appointments or was in the hospital, I didn't have to wor ry about taking off work. My husband was very understanding and had no problem with me taking off whenever I needed to to care for my dad. We seem to make a great team and I am really enjoying my new job. It's totally different than the type of work I've done in the past, but it's nice to learn new things late in life! After working with my husband, I have to say, I have a whole new degree of respect for him. I didn't realize how involved and intense running a business actually is. I admire him so much. He's a great boss and he is very good to his employees - including me!

Do any of you other posters work with your spouse? Do you think you would be able to do it if given the opportunity?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment