Pages

Search blog and web

Misconception about other states?

I live in Kentucky. Recently, one of our school teachers shared a story that he was visiting an urban area out of state, of which I won't mention, and he was wearing a University of Kentucky shirt.

He said a rather sophisticated lady approached him and started a conversation due to the fact that he was wearing a Kentucky shirt. She started asking questions about how things were in Ky. He said she was very nice, but asked questions about whether wearing shoes regularly was now part of our culture, and if electricity and internet were throughout the state.:confused:

He said she wasn't rude at all, but was asking out of curiosity about our culture.

My daughter said she has encountered similar puzzles from people as she has traveled to more urban areas through school.

It puzzles us that people are this misinformed. I realize that Louisville and Lexington aren't New York City, but we are just like the rest of the country, just a smaller version I suppose. As far as I know, all states have rural areas.

I don't take it as an insult at all. If there is anyone that should feel embarrassed, it is the people who are so misinformed.

I know there are people here from all over. So, I'm curious, is there anyone here who seriously thinks no shoes, no electricity, and no teeth when you hear of Kentucky or neighboring Tennessee?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment