Pages

Search blog and web

My family caused me to starve myself

  • Thread Starter

Hey guys,
This all happened a good few months ago but since then I have put it to the back of my mind and have avoided thinking about it but recently its really starting to play a big burden on my shoulders and I am really hoping for some advice or even to just finally get all of my feelings out because I've only skimmed the surface when talking about this. Sorry for the long post.

Basically, my parents and more specifically, my mother does not like who I am in a relationship with, not that there's anything my partner has done wrong or that he is a bad person because he is infact a very good person, she just seems to think that I could do better. I mean I get that, you can have an opinion, but they all took it way too far and they made it really difficult to live with them anymore. They were screaming at me every five minutes for even the smallest of things and suddenly just because of who I was dating their whole perspective of who I am as a person completely changed and they think (without reason, I might add) that everything I say is a complete lie and that I am, on purpose trying to rip the family apart when I am not. They are just making me feel like a huge burden and the whole family has turned their back on me. I mean for example, if I say that I am going to meet up with my friends, they don;t believe me and think that I am meeting up with my boy friend, even when I am just meeting up with my friends, they will then scream and lash out at me because they think that I am lying.

They seem to make stupid assumptions that actually do not make sense, they thought that I was lying on my personal statement (even though they hadn't actually seen my personal statement nor had any of them even bothered to read it to give me any advice and for the record I hadn't lied on my personal statement, everything I said was true), they also thought that I was cutting myself because I was wearing jumpers in the winter (I mean seriously?????) They also thought that I was purposely trying to fail my A Levels because I did badly in one test, they thought that I was trying to avoid going to uni so that I could just spend all of my time with my boyfriend (For the record I did badly in one test because I had to prioritise that week because I had a couple of tests to do and I came out my A Levels with quite good grades). My mother has called me a whole range of things including a slut and a slag even though I didn't actually sleep with my boyfriend until a year into our relat ionship.

When I really couldn't take it anymore, I split up with my boyfriend (this turned out to be a few months temporary however) because I couldn't take the constant horror that was my family on my back all the time. Obviously, splitting up with my boyfriend made me quite sad and when I informed my mother her response was "You put both me and your father on antidepressants you are a sick and twisted little girl, who is tearing us and your family apart" understandibly this made me feel worse because I had put my parents on antidepressants and made me feel a little depressed, however, this later turned out to be a lie and that she was only saying these things to hurt me. I have been suffering from emotional eating since I was 11 (parents are aware of this) and this situation put me at my lowest situation where I starved myself for about 8 months) Even though things have calmed down now and my eating is back in order, this still haunts me and I really don't know what to do about it. Any advice?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment