Pages

Search blog and web

Feelings for housemate / a girl he is seeing living with us

  • Thread Starter

I wasn't sure how to name this post, but this seemed like the most explanatory way. I'll keep it as brief as possible.

I moved back to Beijing at the beginning of September and the school I work at provided me with a 2 bedroom flat. A friend of mine also came back at the same time, and due to a cock up with a friend of his, he ended up with nowhere to stay, so of course I invited him to stay with me for a while, despite the fact that I have to keep it from my school.

It was all going fine for a while - we are close friends and get on well and everything was running smoothly. The only problem for me was that I have a great, big, whopping crush on the guy. I can deal with this because I ALWAYS fall for my friends - it's annoying, but I know how to deal with that.

Anyway, the other week a girl he's been seeing stayed over. I didn't think much of it, but when it got to day 3 of her being there, I asked him about it. He told me he had asked her to stay there for a month, after which she is moving to Germany.

The main problem I have is that he is living in my apartment and he didn't think it necessary to inform me that he had asked a girl to stay there for a month, rent-free. Also, I feel jealous because I have feelings for him, but worse than that is that I feel very out of place in my own home - I am constantly the third wheel. I am too nice just to tell him she can't stay, but I have to also think about my school - they probably wouldn't be happy with them both staying there. Also, my friend doesn't have anywhere else to stay!

Basically, I've got into a pickle simply by trying to help out a friend. Any advice or opinions on this situation would be great, although I think I'm mostly just venting!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment