Pages

Search blog and web

Help interpreting behaviour

  • Thread Starter

I'd be really grateful for any thought/general comments on the below:

Basically I met this girl when we were at university together. I've now graduated, but she's still there for another year after which we'll both be in the same city.

Our friendship started as just moderately good friends, until maybe about a year ago when it got a lot deeper to the point where I'd call her my best friend now and I imagine she thinks similarly. She shares things with me that I Know she hasn't told anyone else, and is generally far more honest with me than she is with other people.

The issue is over time I've started developing feeling for her, despite some pretty big hurdles in it becoming anything more than just friendship. The first is she is quite insecure, which seems to masquerade itself in her being very promiscuous and cheating on her past boyfriends repeatedly. So trust is an issue. The other problem is whilst we get on incredibly well, there's quite a gulf in terms of attractiveness I fear. I'm by no means particularly ugly, but am on the nerdier/scrawny side of the spectrum whilst she is universally accepted as being quite attractive.

In essence my question is what would you do in these circumstances? Just leave it and wait for the feelings to go away? Tell her and risk ruining the relationship?

Thanks

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment