Pages

Search blog and web

Am I being unrealistic in dating?

  • Thread Starter

I've really liked this guy in my circle of friends for over a year now, and everyone says that he likes me too, but we're at completely different emotional stages and I'm wondering if it will ever work. I already have strong feelings for him, and I feel like we know each other quite well as we're friends so 'dating' as such would be quite pointless. He, on the other hand, though he says he likes me too, sees things differently – he doesn't feel the same way yet because there's been nothing between us except friendly conversation and a few kisses. The problem is I'm not sure whether I would feel comfortable keeping it casual for now, as I like him so much I feel jealous and sick at the thought of him being with anyone else. Plus, there is a LOT of sexual tension between us but I am nervous to sleep with him so quickly lest my heart get broken. He has a history as a bit of a player and seems to think now that sex is the foundation of whatever we'll have and it should spark off other things. He knows how I feel and I've said I'm not really ok with the idea of him ****ing around and need to feel more secure that he actually cares before letting myself go. I'm inexperienced in romance so I worry now that I've scared him off by broaching this subject so early in the relationship and acting all paranoid. Have I asked too much? Should I just go with the flow, or is he taking advantage of me? I suppose what I'm really wondering is if it's unrealistic to expect two people to like each other before having 'dated' and fall into a relationship, or is this just a fairy tale?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment