Pages

Search blog and web

I think his bonus is my bonus too.. Thoughts?

  • Thread Starter

So basically my fiancé (28m) and I (25f) live together, have a house and mortgage together and all our income and spending comes out of a shared bank account.

He has been working extremely hard this year. We both earn a decent salary, but we've cut into our savings a bit because we've been on holiday this year, and he has been spending money on a few new things (new iPhone, play station, nice wines)

Whereas I have been sacrificing my spending so that I have money to spend when we go on holiday at Christmas.

He has just lost an expensive pair of Bose headphones, and wants to buy a new pair - the latest edition, of course. He refuses to compromise and buy a new version of the ones he lost. He thinks that his bonus money is 'his' extra money and he will take the purchase out of that, and put the rest into the bank account.

My argument is that buy buying the latest model, he is spending more of 'our' money. I barely treat myself with anything as I feel like I need to offset all his spending. He's so good at justifying those big purchases and saying he needs them as he works so hard.

I know finance can be a very divisive subject in relationships so just wanted to get anyone's thoughts on this.

Am I being unfair, or is he being selfish?Do I stand my ground, or give in and let him have it? There is no compromise it seems.

TL;DR
My fiancé spends a lot. I spend very little to offset his spending. We have cut into our savings.
He is getting a bonus, he thinks it's his money and wants to buy a newer more updated set of expensive headphones to the ones he just lost.
I think the money should be put in the collective pool, and not treated as extra money. Argument ensues.
Help.




Posted from TSR Mobile

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment