Pages

Search blog and web

Family/Friends disapprove of BF... I don't know how to handle this situation

I have been in an on again, off again relationship with someone for 2 years. The beginning was great, everyone adored him and I. Long story short, he went through a lot of things in his life and treated me less than how I deserved to be treated more than once. I walked away while he "got himself together" and I believe he is there. Problem is, I told everyone EVERYTHING. That's my fault, but I was in a tough spot in my life too and needed the advice/support/strength of those around me until I found my own voice and strength. We both met when we were each in very vulnerable bad situations, we were both volitile for each other and went through a lot together- we seperated and took some time and space and feel we have grown and that everything we went through made us realize what we mean to one antoher. Which is where I am now.

Yes, my friends and family do not like him for good reasons... I do feel ashamed I over shared on aspects of our relationships, certain things that could have been left and worked out between us, and I kow to keep things in a realtionship and not over share anymore. YES I am fully considering and listening to what my friends and family are saying because I know they may see things I don't and have a better perspective on things. I am not dismissing or discounting their opinions, I am just at a stage right now where I am not ready to let go of this and I need to find out on my own, but I am in a constant state of worry and anxiety about my family and friends not accepting this, and feeling like I have to lie that we aren't back together to avoid the looks of disapproval/dissapointment. Or maybe I am scared they will be right this time- but in my heart, I have to give this a final chance. I'm just scared that if I did, and say it worked out- that my family and friends would never accept him or our relatinoships because of all of the things they know.

He has really gotten his life together, and this was an unfortunate "met at the wrong time" kind of situation. This is not 100% set in stone in my mind that we will work out but we are reconnecting and I can't really tell anyone because nobody will approve (except for the select 2 friends who know him and I well enough to look past things). Has anyone had any relationships that turned around, and people embraced/accepted? Or would you reconsider if your friends and family woulnd't accept?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment