Pages

Search blog and web

Is it even possible to still be IN love after so long? Does it exist??

In the beginning my husband and I were head over heals CRAZY in love. Til he cheated on me only 6 mths in...but he cried and begged for me to come back...stupidly I did. 10 years on he has cheated numerous times and emotionally and mentally abused me. We have 2 children. We go through patches where we get along fine as friends but for 6 years I have been out of love. I cant stand the thought of him touching me. It makes me angry. I go through patches of hating him so much. He says its normal for people to cheat and that everyone does it yet he is very controlling of me and who I talk to...checking my ph and using 'find my iPhone' app to check I am where I say I am. I stay because my kids need us both and our situation/his job is such that if we split...we would have to live in separate countries so the children would be without...him I would hope although he threatens to try and take them 50% of the time?! :/ Feel trapped and miserable. More and more I fi nd out about others cheating on their spouses...and people I never would have thought would do it. Is there such a thing as a long happy marriage?!!??? REALLY? Does anyone still WANT and DESIRE their spouse after 5 or 10 years? :( I have dreams of leaving him and finding a good man who will treat me like I treat him....like gold. But I just don't see the point putting my kids through all that only to end up in the same boat....I don't want to hurt them just so I can have a shot at being happy...? It seems so selfish. So I guess my main question is....does true love, long lasting love, respectful loving relationships etc....actually exist? I get that nobody has that exciting new feeling 10 years later....but do you actually get excited to see him/her and get excited to make love to them????? :( So depressed.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment