Pages

Search blog and web

Having feelings for someone who already has a boyfriend, what should I do?

  • Thread Starter

There is this girl that I met in school who approached me for help. I helped her out and we maintained contact and met on different occasions to study together. One of the days we where studying together, this other girl said that we would make a great couple. She laughed and said,"no!" she had a boyfriend. From that day on I started keeping my distance from her and giving her the cold shoulder but that didn't work so well. One of the days we were supposed to meet up, she called me and was crying telling me that someone had passed away in her family (second time in a week) and on top of that she was diagnose with some kind of heart disease. I changed the way I behaved and started caring for her more but she would always make reference to her boyfriend ("my boyfriend and I went on a double date to the amusement park") all the time. After a short while, whenever I could not stop talking she told me to "shut up" and later told me to stop being affectionate and then stopped sitting next to me, to across me. I then sent her a scathing letter and told her we should part ways but that only made her more pissed off at me - I later apologised.

A week later I told her how I felt about her and she asked me why I didn't make a move and that I shouldn't say that its because of her boyfriend. She later then told me that she also liked me but not in that way (she made this awkward face when she said "yeah not in that way") but who knows, that day we grew attached and she told me she liked how I would smile at her when she got a question right, she also told about her passed boyfriends and how she could date 7 boyfriends at once and play all of them at the same time :confused: (we talked about everything that day). She told me that we could be friends but was concerned about my feelings for her and I told her that we should 'break it off', but I didn't.

She has been dating her boyfriend for 4 years and told me that she is the one, so that's one of the reasons I backed off . She never texts or calls me but I always do, the only time she does is when she wants to meet up at the library but we no more doing that. I tried to make it up to her by taking her to see one of her favourite artists at the theatre but I told her that would be too affectionate and I know she doesn't like that about me and she responded by saying "gosh..." .

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment