Pages

Search blog and web

Escape from Roller Coaster

Hello TAM,

Just got home from a solo counseling session with marriage counselor. Is there any method other than prayer on how to make the final decision to leave a toxic 17 year marriage. The counselor said we have two different personalities that will always butt heads. How much am I willing to handle before it becomes unbearable. Counselor said highest divorce rate is in 50's!

Husband is 55 and been smoking pot since 17. I am 55 also. No kids. He also likes to drink beer too. When he is out of pot, he goes through withdrawal symptoms. He has crazy dreams, does not sleep well, and is very irritable. During these withdrawal weeks, the verbal abuse escalates.

This past week he was really unhappy with his perception of my comments from a couple situations. He no longer see the point of marriage counseling, and does not like I meet with my Al-Anon sponsor once a week. So he contacted his attorney and was looking for a bachelor pad. Totally through me off balance. I think the appointment is now canceled, but when will he do it again. If single, he felt he would be able to do whatever he wants when he wants it. In his mind, I am the cause of all his problems and unhappiness. He does not want to give up drinking or smoking.

So I live with snarky comments, lies, and an illegal substance in our house. Logically, I know I should cut loses, but have not accepted it emotionally.

My divorce has been pending since Jan. If activated, we would not have to wait 60 days. It could be over quickly.

Any suggestions on how to accept I would be better off single.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment