Pages

Search blog and web

I got 99 problems and this is one! [Girl Trouble]

  • Thread Starter

First let me introduce myself before my problem. I am 18. Just started Uni this September. Met a group of 8 friends. We're all weird and funny in our own ways. To describe myself, I'm quite self conscious of my self and how I interact socially with others, being an only child and all. I'd crack 1000 jokes and probably 600 of them will probably get you to laugh, while the rest will be just too awkward.

One of my friends from this group, who I've known for a month now is a 20 year old student who just moved from Spain. We both have quite a few things in common. Let's caller her Lucy for now. We're both in the same course.

Between us, we're both laughing with one another at times. We crack jokes. However, she is quite a closed book. She isn't very confident and she's had a lot of bad things happened to her. She's had a few anxiety attacks here or there.

Now, I love this girl but I can't seem to define how much. Do I love her? Or is this just a crush? I've known her for nearly two months now. I was going to ask her out last month but I chose not to because this was too soon and I only wanted to do it when she felt most confident and happiest.

Now if I do ask my friend out, it means I will be risking my friendship with her. When I do ask her? What exactly do I say? I'm going along the lines of; ''Hey, I really care about you and I was hoping we could be more than friends, I'm giving you one month to think about this so there is no need to tell me now. If you say no, 'we will always be friends and things will always remain the same''.

As things stand, we only talk outside Uni probably three to four times on Whatsapp every couple days. In Uni, she feels more confident when we're both alone and we just banter at times, but if I crack a weird joke, I feel she doesn't find it funny.

Another problem about this is that she's two years older than me. I'm 18. She's 20. I know age is just a number and both of us treat each other as equals. I don't treat her as if she's older and she does the same for me.

Let me finish by saying, there's this boy in our lectures. He's just recently posted an instagram to one of my other female friends in the group and has told her that he finds Lucy quite hot. We all found this to be a joke and laughed it off. Just last week, he started getting closer to Lucy by sitting near her in lectures and starting conversations. One of the guys in my group joked ''let's ask him if actually likes Lucy''. Lucy replied ''no, please don't...he probably doesn't even like me''. Now, I observed her for a while and she's been normal around him.

Now I feel quite confused. Lucy is planning on going away for Christmas back to Spain and I was hoping to ask her out just before the last day of semester in Uni but this guy also seems to like her [don't know for sure]. Do I ask her out earlier than I intend?

These are just my thoughts. I know it's quite all over the place. Just wondering what you guys think. Please feel free to give me any advice you can. It all helps.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment