Pages

Search blog and web

Do you text/IM with your SO during the work day?

I'm just curious. Me and my girlfriend Instant Message frequently during the work day and I'm ready to put the kibosh on it. It's distracting and we sometimes end up getting into tiffs because one us misinterprets something that was said or gets annoyed at lack of timely response. This doesn't happen when we're together. Plus, we end up talking about things that we wold otherwise talk about when we're together, so then there's less to converse about later. I just don't think it's good for the relationship. The constant connection and communication can be also be anxiety inducing sometimes. No down time.

It came to a head yesterday when she was asking me about something personal (not related to us) that was bothering me and I told her I'd rather talk about it in person and she started to insist that I tell her over IM because she'd speculate about it and it would bother her. I asked her nicely to please let it go and I'll tell her later and she finally did. Then when we did talk, she was a little upset, so I told her that maybe we should stop the IMing at work and just pick up the phone if we want to talk. She is okay with this, but I'm curious as to what other people do.

Do you all text and instant message with your SO's throughout the weekday or whenever you're not together, or do you keep your conversations more or less face to face?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment