Pages

Search blog and web

What does Respect look like to you?

TBH, I never really understood the indications of respect. I want to find more ways to respect and serve my husband.

I was raised with the ideal to "respect your elders" and took that to mean whatever they wanted they got. Want me to fetch some water? Sure. Want me to stop talking? Sure.

But in those instances the dynamic is very top-bottom. Elders rank higher than I. Whereas in marriage, DH and I are equals and partners.

So what does respect look like to equals.

To me, it includes:
-Opening doors and helping the spouse out when you can.
-Not interrupting them when they speak
-Listening attentively with an open mind and heart <-- for me this includes EYE CONTACT. lol!

How is respect shown in your dynamic?

Conversely, what are signs of DISRESPECT?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment