Pages

Search blog and web

How to move on from getting rejected?

As many of you have probably realised, I've made several threads on me asking a friend out, but this is the last chapter in the story and some advice here would be greatly appreciated.

Simple back story, I was friends with a girl for about a month. We shared common interests and we had good moments together. But there was always this doubt in my mind that she didn't like me more than friend, yet I liked her a lot. It was bothering me for some time and I thought if I didn't ask her out, I'd never know and it would haunt me for life.

Turns out she didn't like me more than a friend and she rejected me nicely, saying she isn't looking for a relationship, saying this ring she wears (not a wedding ring) signifies that she is staying single. A subtle way of saying "f*** you" but nevertheless, I took the rejection well and I made it clear that we stayed as friends. She felt bad and texted me after I left to let me know she didn't want to give me the wrong impression of her.

I want to stay friends with this girl but I fear I screwed up our friendship and we'll never share those fun moments like we did before I asked her out. Should I give her space and what should I do when I see her next time?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment