Pages

Search blog and web

Is my husband abusive?

Hi there, I'm new to this forum. I saw a thread from a woman 3 years ago describing her husband and I have to say it could have been mine.
I love my husband and he loves me. We have 4 kids together and we are all healthy.
The issues which I do have with my husband is when he constantly keeps either nit-picking or criticising me.
I got depressed again today because after running after 3 small kids at home alone while my husband has drinks after work with friends, he comes home and starts scolding me over the fact I switched on the central heating (for one hour) when the temperature outside was mild (18 degrees celcius). I didn't have time today to clean the pellet stove so I thought it would be easier for me to switch on the central heating temporarily after the kids had their baths.
I can understand he is worried about the gas bill (though my husband is very well paid). But I found it too unacceptable for me to always be on the wrong side of him over the smallest of things I may not have done correctly according to him and it's wearing me down. I no longer have any pleasure of seeing him because I'm dreading what he's going to find wrong with what I've done or said.
He took our son and daughter on a trip recently and my son apparently fell off a bench and had a nose bleed. Plus a large bruise on his cheek. And even though I wasn't happy, I know my son is very active and can easily get into situations where he can get hurt. He is 5. But I didn't complain to my husband and even though it isn't the right way to approach matters but I felt I should have because my husband complains about where I put his stuff to how to wash dishes.
It gets to me so much, I start thinking of divorce and I rather try to avoid that for the sake of everyone. As apart from that my husband is a good man.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment