Pages

Search blog and web

change in a relationship

what are the stragies to deal with a partner who is acting very differently?

i'm in a relationship where something has changed. been here long enough to understand the sign or red flags, the question is what to do about it?

my partner recently told me she though maybe it was time for various resasons to but some "space" in our relationship to work things out. My initial thought is that is no way to handle issues. that you either are or arent in a relationship, that space is simply a way to bow out slowly. she agreed and decided to stay, as did I.

but the change is undeniable. her wanting more time to go out with single girl friends. negative view of me and my feelings (instead of empathising with me she tells me my feelings are wrong). inability to plan and follow through with things, loss of sexual intamacy, and other red flags.

i dont suspect (yet) that she is cheating but the change is significant enough that i expect maybe at the beging stage of an EA.

since we arent married i can just walk away. so what do you tell the person, who denies anything is going on? now you need space? no reason given?

its sad, because i really identified with this person. and maybe thats the problem. its been said the person who is willing to leave the realtionship has the "power" (to me that means control), but that all means the other person is weak. I dont want to be either.

learned here long ago to trust my gut, and right now my gut is telling me bad things.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment