Pages

Search blog and web

Hoping this generates a positive response...

Hi...wanted to let you know that I'm listening to your feedfback and adopting some of the strategies:

Last ite at 9:30 pm, when we were trying to get our son down for the nite (he was in a diaper)...our son said he had to pee. I told him it was "okay" to do so in the diaper and my H was upset...telling me it's not "okay" and that if we expect to train him that we should put him ont he potty.

I agreed and didin't say anything more. He brought up again that I said the wrong thing...didn't respond to that.

In the morning he brought it up and said my behavior was "discouraging". I told him that he's already impressed this upon me and he didn't need to belabor the issue.

Then he asked if I'd "asked" our daycare when our son should stop wearing pullups during naps....I said I didn't, but that I'd phone over. I did so, and they told me that they'd stop it when "we" stopped it, but generally, if he's been accident free for 3 weeks, that's a good time to stop pullups during naps.

My H then asked me if I was told this before by my daycare (re: that they'd stop when we'd stop) I told him I didn't remember them telling me that, but maybe they did. Well he went off on me....started saying that there's A WHOLE HOST OF OTHER THINGS DAYCARE IS TELLING ME, TAHT I DON'T RECALL OR ARE DIFFERENT THAN WHAT I'M REPEATING TO HIM, (ie, a year ago, daycare said our son got sick 4 times and I told my H that it was only one time that they informed me of that...)....and he raised his voice.

I told him that his tone was disrespectful. I also mentioned that I wouldn't speak to him while he spoke to me like that. He said I wasn't making sense.

I walked AWAY.

Later I came back and told him that after 3 weeks of being dry we could try w/o a diaper.

Then he said that I "avoided" the issue at hand...namely, that I won't go back to the (IMO ridiciulous conversation about how daycare is tellign me one thing and I'm not repeating back exactly what is being said)....he then asked about the throw-up thing from a year ago, and then pressed me...SO...ARE YOU SAYING DAYCARE WAS LYING????

And I said, "yes...that's it"

didn't elaborate

and walked away again.

I will continue to walk away from him and tell him I'm doing so when his tone is contemptous and/or disresepctful.

Ella

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment