Pages

Search blog and web

Should I leave my boyfriend for university?

Well I'm 17, lower sixth right now doing English lit, Politics and History. I'm predicted A's in all 3 and believe I could achieve at an A* in politics or history if I really put my head to it. I live in NOrthern Ireland and want to do law. Queens is obviously a big option of mine, but I've also been considering moving away to England. I'd love to attend Newcastle, Nottingham or maybe even Glasgow in Scotland.

Problem is I've been with my boyfriend for two years, been together since we were 15. I know we're young etc, but two years in and still going strong means something to me. Anyway, where as I want to go away and experience uni life away from home, he wants to stay here and go to Queens. We've discussed it slightly and he seems serious about it and doesn't want to move away to study. Even though he doesn't want to live here, he just wants to study here then move away. I also want to get out of here, but as soon as possible so I see going away for uni as my opportunity for that. But he seems adamant on studying here first. He's supported me and said if I want to go he will support me if it's what I want, but that he wants to stay here. I have no problem staying here to study, but I don't know I just want a change. I'd be happy here, but I just want the experience of movin away and would love for him to do the same.

What should I do? Queens is an amazing uni, so it wouldn't disadvantage me going there. But when it comes down to it, should I try to persuade him to consider moving away and applying to Newcastle etc with me? He's considering doing criminology.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment