Pages

Search blog and web

Wife said "I don't love you anymore..." What to do? Please advise

Here goes...
my wife and I have known each other for 12 years and married for 6. we have a 3 year old son and our life was perfect. we have everything we wanted, good health, good house, good career and sex was fun (at least from what I can tell) and everything was perfect. She had Gastric Sleeve surgery about 2 years ago and lost about 120LBs, she looks amazing and I tell her that everyday. I shower her with affections, dates, gifts and attention. She is the love of my life and I could not imagine spending a day without her. Few months ago, she told me she doesn't love me anymore. she has no desire to kiss me or even sleep with me. She is seeking attention from other men. we have been going to counselor but she is not opening up during the session so everything is very fake. This is what she's been telling me. "I need some time to figure things out. I don't know why i'm seeking other men and hurting you. I know it's wrong and I need to figure out what I want."
Our counselor told her she needs to end that emotional affair if she really wants to work on the marriage and she did. everything was getting better until her girl trip to NY. Last month, while in NY... she met a guy at a bar and made out with him. she promised there is no sex and I believe her. Since that day, i've been sleeping in a separate room but still in the same house. She couldn't move out because she fear of abandoning our son. She is not happy when she is at home, she doesn't really talk to me and the bad part is she continues to communicate with her even to this date. she said he is a distraction because she doesn't want to deal with us. he makes her feel good and she likes it.
i'm going to counselor (for 6 months now) and she is starting to see a counselor on her own. Last week, i told her because she is still communicating with him, i am going to seek a divorce lawyer. she starts to cry and told me she doesn't want a divorce, she still doesn't know what she wants. My guess is she doesn't know if she wants to stay in a marriage with no desire for me just to stay with our son, or break the family and be alone. The guy stopped communicating with her because he doesn't want this drama.

If there is no love for me, why am I holding onto this marriage? I desperately wants her, I forgive everything she did as long as it doesn't happen again. I will be even more attentive and try to re-spark our love. Seems very hard because she doesn't communicate with me, she is not trying to repair our marriage (in my eyes)

I'm thinking of asking her to move out. have a real separation and see if she needs me. see if she misses me. i know this will either be good or bad. i know a lot of separations where a spouse see this as FREEDOM and they end up in divorce.

any advise for a broken man?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment