Pages

Search blog and web

Boyfriend seems to take me for granted.

Ive been with someone for nearly a year, we are both 22. In the beginning he was really chasing me, complimenting me and saying he really liked/loved me and trying to impress me and stuff. The first couple of months were the same.These days though, and especially more recently, sometimes I worry he does not appreciate me, or he is not as in love. He rarely compliments me, and it hurts.
He will rarely say stuff like I look pretty, he loves being with me, I make him happy, etc. Sometimes I just feel like I am talking to a friend, and while I know friendship is obviously important, I just wish that romantic element was more there.
The only time he seems to say those things is when he sees I am upset, or when we are making love. He will usually just make fun of me. For example, I study an art class and I wish he would say I was talented but he just jokes how bad it is usually. Even if it is just a joke, it would not hurt to have a sincere compliment occasionally. I always try to do nice things for him like writing love letters/poems/surprising him but he does nothing like that for me.
I always tell him the reasons why I love him and that I would never want to leave him/be with anyone else, but he just seems to smile, and does not really say that stuff back. It makes me feel like I am going over the top.
It is just because he used to act like he really loved me and loved being with me, and now he never seems excited or says a lot of sweet stuff, even though I do that for him pretty much every day, and it hurts.
I want to tell him, but I am scared he will just think I am criticising him too much. If this was him in general, I would not mind, it is just that he has changed. He used to act like he felt so lucky to be with me, and now I do not get that impression at all.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment