Pages

Search blog and web

Need help staying strong

This is a very hard post for me to write. But I need all of the support I can get to keep my backbone strong over the next few weeks.

So here is yet another attempt to write it and make it short.

My 23 yr old step daughter, Amy, is a meth head. Keep in mind that I raised her from age 10 so she's more like an adopted daughter to me.

In late 2010, at age 20, she married a 45 year old meth head (Slimeball) who was waiting for sentencing on charges of possession with intent to distribute and manufacturing meth and about 20 other felony charges. He's a very dangerous man. His mother put together the flatulent marriage and signed as a witness. Some other guy pretended to be Slimeball. This gave Slimeball a wife for visits and someone on the outside.

A few months after Slimeball went away for his 18 year sentence, Amy and he were busted for smuggling drugs into prison with intent to distribute. Slimeball got a slap on the hand.

Amy was up for 22 years. But her attorney worked something out where she got 4 years' probation.

Due to the conviction and conspiracy, Amy can no longer visit Slimeball in prison. That's a good thing. But Slimeball calls her from prison several times a day and they write each other constantly. In the phone calls Slimeball yells at her, belittles her, etc. He tells her that she has to be in the house waiting for his phone calls all the time. If she goes out to school she reports her time to him, who she talks to, etc. It's the strangest thing I have ever seen. He's not even around but she is participating in allowing herself to be abused and controlled via telephone and letters.

I admit that I read some of the letters he sends her. In them he tells her that because he's in prison he has to control her. He cannot live if he does not control her.

She sends him money. When she was in school she got financial aid. Last summer she sent him $700 of her financial aid. He was calling her up telling her that someone in prison was going to beat him up if he did not pay them protection money. So he needed even more money. She got to the point of begging me for money. I refused. My response to her was let them beat him up. But I also told her that he's scamming her and using her for money.
I am so freaked out by this and sick from it. This is the first time in my 63 years that I've known anyone in real legal trouble, or in prison. It's such a shock. I'm horrified.

In October 2012 Amy was back in jail due to a dirty drug test. I was actually glad she was in jail for months. No drugs. Yes I know the prison she was in.. no drugs. IT's not a big city jail. She could only write to Slimeball. No phone calls. She wanted me to put money in her account but I refused to because she would use it to buy stationary and stamps to write him. It will not subsidize that relationship.

In mid Feb 2013 she was released, back on probation with an order to a short in patient rehab.

So here's my current problem. We are having weekly teleconferences with her from rehab. It's a 7 hour drive from here so we have to do it by telephone. In the last meeting she went on and on about how she loves me and how she appreciates all I've ever done for her and how I'm the only parent she really has. Then later in the call she asked if she can come live with me after rehab. She said that she'd agree to me doing drug tests on her. She has her probation meetings. She'd get a job. She says that she will help me out around the house and yard. And on and on.

Now I have virtually no help around here and I would love the help. When she's good I love having her around. The company would do me so much good. If I knew 100% that she was changed, no more drugs, all drug friends are out of her life, and Slimeball as a quick divorce to becoming history.. I'd let her move in, in a heartbeat. But that's a pipe dream at this point.


We have another telecom this Saturday. I'm trying to steel myself for it because I feel I have to tell her no, she cannot move in here.

Why am I finding it hard to tell her no? Because she will most likely not do well if she cannot move in here because she has nowhere to go. The does not seem to be any halfway house, etc here in town that she can move into.


Why do I have to tell her no?
  • Because I cannot take her drama.
  • Because I have no faith in her anymore. She's lied so much. She and her friends from used me and stolen from me too many times.
  • Because I cannot help her.
  • Because my son, 24, is going very well in college and he says her drama has already interrupted his ability to do well in school way too much.
  • Because her father, who I divorced in March 2012, is still here. I want him out of my house. And he does nothing to help.
  • Because she's married to Slimeball and I cannot handle the phone calls, the yelling, the strange controlling relationship she has with him.
  • Because Slimeball is a dangerous man and I'm afraid that my son and I will end of targets of his violence. That's from associates on the outside.

I am willing to help find her a place to move to. But so far I have not had any luck. The rehab says that they only know of one here in town. But they are not sure that the place has a bed for her.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment