Pages

Search blog and web

Need to vent about husband's passive-aggressive behavior...

My husband got upset today that he couldn't spend a hundred bucks on some gloves for his motorcycle. If I would have seen this coming, I would have set some money aside, but he clearly "sprung" this on me so that he could run out the door without discussing our budget. Those things can cost upwards of $350, and the husband has expensive taste. Anyways, he came home without the gloves (I guess the ones he wanted were expensive) and has been a real jerk to me ever since he got home.
When I asked him if he wanted me to fix dinner (two hours after he got back), he says, "No. And I'm getting my gloves next paycheck. AND I'm getting a holster. AND a case for my ipad." Ok...? So... you're not hungry, or what?
Then, out of the blue: "And I'm ordering a new iphone tonight." I can see he's just trying to be an ass. "Have I done something to you?" I ask him. "Yeah! I don't need you to treat me like a little kid and tell me what I can and can't buy!!" Ok, I get it. I don't perceive discussing purchases and money as treating him like a child; at least, that was not my intent. At any rate, he is overcompensating with the childish behavior (ironic, hmmm??)
It's becoming very hard to live with this person. I am starting to feel like the gender roles are reversing. I can directly confront people (always have), and he avoids it or is covert about it. I've always done the haggling, the car-buying, the home buying/selling etc. He prefers to not do any research or discussion, nor confront others should problems arise. How do I look up to this person and respect him? Am I being unreasonable here?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment