Pages

Search blog and web

Husband rejects me all the time, need advice

This is my first time posting. I have read some other stories on here and I hope that someone who has gone through this can give advice.

I have been with my husband since I was 15. Currently I'm 28 and he is 31. Married for 8 years.

We are good friends, we laugh and joke around, we cuddle, shower together, he listens to me and tells me he loves me all the time. But despite the closeness we share, it isn't sexual and he never expresses that he desires me in a sexual way.

He has always had a low sex drive. He says he does not masturbate-ever-and I actually believe him. Early on in our relationship I remember him getting upset with me because I masturbated occasionally. He basically told me that if I was doing it he didn't want to know about it. When we got married we did not even have sex on our week-long honeymoon. We have sex maybe once a month now, and I don't think it was ever much more often than that.
I usually initiate it, when he initiates he will just playfully go up to the bedroom and im supposed to guess what we wants. When i think he is trying to initiate I sometimes flat out ask him if he wants to have sex he wont answer me! Its almost like he is shy? He has never once told me 'I want you' in 12 years!*I know this sounds harsh but the behavior is childish and I simply want to feel desired...

I try to initiate sex often and get rejected a lot. We don't have kids and we have plenty of time together. When he rejects me, he either says he is tired or just doesn't feel like it, even after a full nights sleep or a day off. Trying to push the issue just makes it worse. Anytime I've tried to talk about it he isn't cooperative at all. I still don't have a clue what the root of this could be.

When he kisses me it's a quick peck on the lips, there is nothing sexual or passionate about it. When we do have sex, its over very quickly because he doesn't masturbate and we don't have sex often. Getting him to agree to wait a few minutes and go again is nearly impossible.

Tonight I tried to get him in the mood and when he realized what I was doing he just looked at me and said "no". not in an angry tone or anything, just no. He wasn't tired, didn't have a stressful day. I used to be really hurt by the rejection, but this time I just felt... Nothing.

I'm starting to consider leaving. I don't think this will ever change. But am I just being selfish? I know I will miss him and I wonder if leaving would be a mistake... But I'm also afraid that I'll end up doing something someday that I regret (cheating) because I can't get my needs met.*

I would love to know if anyone was able to work this out with their spouse and reach a compromise, and how they did it.*




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment