Pages

Search blog and web

The world's biggest overthinker

I'm such an overthinking/paranoid person, it is getting on my nerves.

It goes for most my relationships, but ones with men in particular. If I happen to like a guy, I think way too much about what he thinks of me and what I do/say.
I've been dating someone for a while and he seems genuinely interested, but I end up over analyzing anyway. We went to dinner not too long ago, and I had enough to get a bit tipsy (I never get sloppy drunk, but I do get a lot chattier when tipsy). He had wine too, and he does have a habit of drinking, but I am not sure how tipsy he was, as he is extroverted and confident anyway. I woke up the next day and started thinking about what I said, why I mentioned that silly story, and I started to cringe and worry that he doesn't get my sense of humor, perhaps thinking I was serious when I wasn't and so on. I'm hoping perhaps he doesn't remember every detail, but I am also afraid I looked bad.

I speak to a friend who tells me he works in recruitment and I think he's read my applications and that I look stupid. A blogger posts an (anonymous) letter from me and I think people will read the blog and know it's me.
I don't think people have a bad impression of me generally. I am known as sweet and polite I think, and I do get quite a bit of attention from guys, but I'm afraid but my inhibitions hold my personality back a bit.

Thing is, everybody is bound to make mistakes and I am afraid that my attitude makes me more likely to break down from things that actually happen.

Anyone got rid of this hideously self-conscious attitude?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment