Pages

Search blog and web

Husband is confused, I am not

Hello - I will try to make this short...
I have been married for 20 years - most of those years have been good ones but we have for sure had our rough spots. Since early December we have been on a roller-coaster ride, with trying to figure out where we are in our marriage. My husband originally said that he wanted to work on things and make our marriage work, but now things have degraded to the point that he isn't sure if he wants to even try. We did have a pattern over the years of making extra effort for a while, then both of us sliding back to to where we were. He says that he has no confidence that things will turn around for good. I admit that I have not prioritized our marriage enough in the past, but I have done a WHOLE LOT of soul-searching over the past several months and I do not want to lose him. We have never gotten to this point before and it really was a giant wake-up call for me...I always sort of took it for granted that we would be together, no matter what. We are both living in our house (he sleeps in the basement, me in the bedroom) and we are going to MC. I have been trying to be the spouse that I should have always been, but I'm getting zilch from him. The counselor said to keep trying and not pressure him into making a decision...that if he hasn't moved out or made an appt with an attorney, he just needs more time to figure it out one way or the other. We get along and talk about day to day stuff (and we have a 17 yo daughter) but there is no emotion from him towards me. I continue to have hope, but it's fading. He gives me the "I love you but I'm not in love with you" comment. This is so frustrating - how long do I wait??:(




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment