Pages

Search blog and web

New yrs resolution of being more agressive

I consider myself a pretty confident person, but also 'too nice' a lot of the time when it comes to dealing with people. Therefore as a new years resolution I decided to try and smile less and be more stern with people when I want to.

I've always been a smiley person, and a lot of the time I tend to laugh or smile things off even if its something i'm uncomfortable with or has upset me, it almost seems like a knee jerk default reaction when sometimes I want to respond with "Yeah and Fuck you too you prick". Like I say, I feel too passive sometimes, maybe its from being bullied as a kid or I think some of it is having it drilled into my by my dad when I was growing up and racing. he always told me it was unprofessional to show signs of anger or emotion, almost like they were a weakness and I think thats carried on into my adult years.

I don't want to be nasty, and I can certainly stand up for myself when needs be in a polite manner (such as if i'm defending myself at work) but I just don't feel like I have that little bit of aggression/assholeish-ness that I want and feel I need sometimes.

I'm getting better, for instance at work a few weeks ago my boos and a coworker mis interpreted what I said in a meeting on Friday to the director, and then on MONDAY the boss condascendingly tried telling me off so I put him in his place, then hours later the other guy (who is below me in terms of skills and experience) tried doing the same thing and i'd had enough so yes, I got very stern with him, almost to the point of being ratty and he said "Ok ok, there's no need to get uptight", which I wasn't. I'm near the end of my current contract too, and have lost all interest in my role there as i'm not having my skills utilised and just being used as a dogsbody, but its only a month left so i'm going to stick it out but I expect this might be some of the issue. It certainly made me feel better getting some anger out, but its almost like i'm afraid of any confrontation like that which is why I laugh or smile them off even when i don't want to. So I'm always open to thoughts and suggestions on how I can improve myself in this area?

Thanks all.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment