Pages

Search blog and web

Fantasising about having children

Now before those weirdos on TSR start thinking I'm a paedophile, that is NOT what this thread is about.

I'm a 19 year old girl in my first year of university. I am very happy here; I love my degree, I have good people around me and a great relationship with my boyfriend of two years. I wouldn't want to change anything.

The issue is that I keep daydreaming about having children. I'll be doing my work and then my mind will wander along the lines of imagine what would happen if you got pregnant by accident... and then I'll start thinking about it in more detail; what I would do, how I would cope, what it would be like, etc.

Logically, I know that having a child now would be terrible: I'd have to quit or at least postpone university; I wouldn't have enough money to support myself properly; and I know that my partner isn't nearly ready for parenthood.

In spite of this, (and although I would never do anything to put myself at risk of pregnancy; my pill taking is as regular as clockwork,) I've even started feeling disappointed when I get my monthly bleed; it's almost as though I want the pill to fail so I can have a child?!

Can anyone explain why I'm feeling like this (it's completely out of character) or has anyone ever felt the same?

Thanks.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment