Pages

Search blog and web

What are this guy's intentions?

  • Thread Starter

tl;dr - a guy started off talking normally with me but got kinda creepy just before he left and now has my number but I'm not interested.

I'm the type of person who talks to anyone and everyone so at the bus stop this morning I was thinking of starting a conversation with this cute guy on my left when this dude on my right asked if his bus had passed yet. Turns out we were on the same bus (the university one) and headed to the same building cluster so I asked what he was doing up there. He was doing aerospace engineering and I'm doing physics so we got talking about science and that. Turns out he used to teach physics 10 years ago (I'm 18 and he was probably in his late 30s) and he showed me some pictures of this telescope they managed to get at his school and we spoke about astronomy and that.

On the bus he sat next to me even though upstairs was basically empty and I expected him to sit on a different seat because of it but I shrugged it off because he might not know how little people get on at that time of day. He talked loads about politics and **** but his English wasn't perfect (he was Iranian) so I couldn't keep up. I have a feeling he might have had aspergers or something similar because he was talking to me about how he has amazing photographic memory and never forgets faces but isn't great with day-to-day things and he was coming out with all these politics figures and making me guess them plus he was really fidgety and a little 'off' with talking to me but I tried to ignore it. Anyway, I was fed up of the conversation because I wasn't really interested and when I thought it died down I texted my friends but he was sat next to me and keeping it going one-sided anyway so whatever.

When we were one stop away from my building he asked for my number to keep in touch (first odd/creepy thing he'd done cause I was definitely not flirting in any way and he was waaaaaay too old). I pretended I didn't hear because I didn't want to give it to him but he passed me his phone anyway and his body language felt a bit weird so I put in my number with one wrong digit. I hoped he wouldn't but he called it (couldn't pretend it wasn't on me because he'd seen it out) and I had to correct it. After he saved my number he googled my name (it's not English) even though I'd already told him it meant nothing and he mumbled something about not being free this weekend. His body language changed then and I started to feel really uncomfortable and kinda worried the only person upstairs with us then was a guy at the front with headphones. Nothing happened anyway and as we were getting off he said that if my course was ever doing a trip to an observatory or something I should tell him .


Idk what to do because the conversation started off normal and nothing more than strangers chatting to pass time but I'm really not happy about the fact he has my number just I didn't know how to refuse/I didn't want to because he was acting weird and I was slightly scared. The observatory thing at the end (he was fascinated by astronomy) makes it sound kinda harmless and just a lack of social skills thing but the 'not free this weekend' thing definitely isn't normal talk.

I really want to just block his number but I'm kinda scared because he studies in the building next to my main one but all my tutorials are at his. His comment about never forgetting faces doesn't help and I have pretty distinctive features so even people with normal memory don't forget me so I can't pass it off as a coincidence.

I just feel really uncomfortable about the whole thing (please don't tell me how stupid I was or anything, I've already gone over the scenario tonnes in my head and thought through what I should have done) especially because I don't think he was 'all there' and he gets the same bus at the same bus stop as me. I don't know if I should just start staying around my guy-friends when I'm back and forth to/from uni or what but most of them don't live around me anyway and it's not just lecture/tutorial times cause the bus stop is at the uni social hub which I'm constantly at and around :/


Help?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment