Pages

Search blog and web

OW is dying...

I have a thread in the Private Section, but for those who don't know...My husband was 40 years old when he started having an affair with a 27 year old intern at his office last October. OW's mom worked at the office and got OW an internship to try to help her get her life on track. She was a smart person from what I hear, but was an alcoholic and had lost custody of her child- he lived out of state and she never saw him. She had no money, no car, no phone, and lived with her parents. She was very broken. So was my husband at that time. They became each other's escape from their brokenness. They didn't work directly together at the firm and really their A was for the most part online chatting and eventually sexting. Never went to PA from what my husband has admitted- it took me a while, but I do tend to believe him at this point for a variety of reasons. By February of this year she the internship was over and their relationship was completely online. It c ontinued until I found a FB message he sent to her professing love on April 3. HE denied it at first- it was supposed to be for me, etc until I found OW's pinterest page that evening that had poems with my husband's initials on it including one that was actually a photo of his office. He then admitted to an EA with this woman that I never even knew existed. They went NC right away and as far as I know that has been maintained.

My husband's boss did find out about the A when WH told him- OW"s brother died several days after dday and the firm was sending a card- my husband did not want to sign it as he thought it may send the wrong message so he told his boss. The brother had died unexpectedly- it was tragic, but my husband and OW remained NC. ABout a week later my husband heard through his boss that OW was diagnosed with cervical cancer. It was stage 3 and not good. From spying on Facebook I have seen that she had a rough summer and had been very sick. My husband had not heard about her in months from anyone so I believe he assumed she was doing fine and was in treatment.

This evening his boss pulled him aside to let him know that he had spoken to OW"s mom and found out that OW has been given 2 weeks to live. Ugh. My husband did call me right away to tell me. He didn't seen shaken. He asked me if I was ok and I didn't even know what to say. It's been weird for me all along to see how my husband detached so quickly from someone that he "loved" when she was so sick. He since has admitted that he didn't love her- he loved the escape, he loved the attention, it had nothing to really do with her. But it's been confusing.

My husband is home now. He is helping kids with homework and acting completely naturally. I don't even know what to say to him about it. I have never wished death upon her. How do I handle this?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment