Pages

Search blog and web

No Friends Or Family, Dreading Christmas/New Year/21st Birthday :(

  • Thread Starter

I have an abusive family (very much so), dropped out of uni (where I'd been bullied, was depressed and have been getting poor grades) last June and am currently working in a temporary job full-time. I'm moving to London for a different job in December, partly because I don't want to live anywhere near my family (I'm currently staying with them in Bradford as I can't afford to live on my own right now) and partly because I hate my home city anyway. I can't afford to move earlier.

I'm too busy trying to save as much as I can to make friends right now, and since I'm moving in a few months anyway there would be no point. However, I'm really not looking forward to Christmas (I have no-one to give presents to or vice versa, though I might drop into a local church it's not the same thing as having a proper family), or my birthday which is a few weeks after that (I might go and do something on Meetup, but I won't know the people very well and I feel it would be weird).

Does anyone reckon I can make good enough friends in the space of about 3 weeks (or 5 weeks before my birthday) to celebrate Christmas/my birthday with them? How should I do so? I have good social skills but I don't know where to start. I just really don't want to have to spend the holidays alone for another year (my family are Muslim and hate birthdays/Christmas) :(

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment