Pages

Search blog and web

New Here.. Failing Marriage

I got married when I was 20, almost 3 years ago. Last year, on Halloween, my husband decided to tell me he didn't love me anymore. He was also having a relationship with a coworker that I had been begging him to stop texting for months because she would make "jokes" about him coming over to help her with things. Anyway, my husband moved out for 2 months, and I begged him to come back. After I found out about the affair, I started to give up. I reached out to old friends, I was getting my appetite back, and not crying as much. I even went to counseling on my own. Right before our anniversary, he decided he wanted to work things out with me. I was skeptical, but my marriage meant a lot to me and I take my vows seriously. So I agreed to try and work things out.

Soon after he came home (like literally a week or so), I got pregnant. We had our daughter early, and after we brought her home from the NICU, things with my husband really started to bother me. He doesn't help me out very much, and I realized that, since I became pregnant, we never really worked through our issues. Now I'm having trouble believing I can be happy in this marriage anymore. I hate feeling that way, because I want my daughter to have her parents together, but I also want her to follow whatever makes her happy in life, and I don't know how I can expect that if I don't even do it. I have talked to my husband about this, but I don't know what to expect because we're having the same fights we've been having for years. I have no idea what to do. I need to find myself again. I just don't know if he's willing to really make the changes to make it work this time. Anyone felt this way before?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment