Pages

Search blog and web

Parents want to GIVE ME money!

  • Thread Starter

I have been in full time employment for 2 years now and I have just made a large purchase with a value of around £5k.

I am financially stable and can afford this purchase. However my parents recently told me they would like to contribute £400 towards the purchase.

However I don't want to accept this. I can afford this and I would be more happy knowing that I have funded 100% of it through my hard work whilst being employed.

How can I decline this without hurting their feelings? They have obviously had a long talk about this and wanted to do something kind, but I would be happier knowing that I paid for 100% of it.

Obviously I am grateful for this offer. However I want to be funding my own lifestyle and running on my own two feet. It's such an awkward position as I don't want to sound ungrateful or make them feel upset that I don't want what they have obviously thought long and hard about.

Help?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment