Pages

Search blog and web

Help with BF career? I'm worried?

  • Thread Starter

Hi.
I am a bit worried about my boyfriends future and career choices. Basically, he wants to do medicine as his career however, his grades are not good enough to get in. To give a summary, his GCSE results are slightly below the average for medicine requirements. He also did his first year of AS Levels and didn't really try and didn't do very well as a result he had to resit the year. In his second year of AS Levels he tried his absolute hardest and still didn't get very good grades and now, he has to most of AS and A2 in one year and is considering doing post graduate medicine. But I really want him to at least consider other careers before he starts pursuing something which is going to take 7-8 years of his life to complete but he's too stubborn and won't listen and I feel guilty for showing that I have no faith in him :/ I believe he can aspire to do well but I think medicine may be slightly out of his reach.
Is it possible for him to do well in his A Levels whilst resitting almost the whole of AS and A2 together?
Is medicine a realistic choice for him?
How do I get him to consider a different career?


I am also worried about him getting the 2:1 in his undergrad course, he tried his hardest at AS Levels and didn't do very well is it possible to get a 2:1 for him?

Additionally, he is thinking of never giving up for medicine, if he doesn't get in the first year of applying for postgrad he's going to try again and again and again and again and that's very worrying I think :/

If he does pursue the medicine route he does have a very strong personal statement with work experience, volunteering , employment and EC's to go along side which are very good and relevant.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated :)

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment