Pages

Search blog and web

Visiting my family with husband, is it worth it?

I usually only ask my husband to visit family with me out of town once or twice a year. I stayed in the town where I met my husband and unfortunately, I am several hours away from my family and I really miss them. I'm the only who lives out of state and it's hard to see how much time they spend together.

this summer we had two family events to attend, a wedding shower and a wedding. I had to be heavily involved in setting up and getting things ready, but after that I intended to spend time with my husband at the party and the wedding My husband made several comments such as "I don't know why I'm here, and you've left me alone the whole time". We had a hotel room and I was really excited to spend time with him away from our kids, but those comments really hurt me and sort of killed the mood for me at least.

I'm at the point where I feel that I shouldn't even bother bringing him to visit with me. It's exhausting for me to worry about whether he's having fun or not when we go on these trips, and then I don't have fun.

Any thought on how to handle this? Keep pushing to include him or just leave it alone?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment