Pages

Search blog and web

Upset about aging

Hi...

A bit of background: I'm 21 years old (turning 22 this year) and will be graduating from University in a couple of months. I'm one of the lucky few to already have a graduate job offer.

My problem though is that I feel probably should have been the most carefree years of my life have been woefully unfulfilling, and now I'm going to be stuck in the 9-to-5 pattern for the next 40 or so years, I've realised that I'm not going to get any of these years back.

In addition, I'm worried that there isn't much to look forward to now. Sure, I'll be in the supposedly 'prime' years of my life for a couple years, but in 10 years time, I'll be over 30, with people expecting me to have a wife and kids and a house and whatever, and from point onward I'll just keep working and taking care of my family until I die. And don't get me started on the idea of dying. :(

Overall, it's hit me that my life is limited and all I can think about these days is how short it is. Obviously, there's no cure for aging so I'm probably going to have to accept that, but I seem to be the only one who cares - even my parents (well into their fifties) are making snappy decisions that'll only benefit them in the short-term.

Can anyone relate? To this level, I mean :( Cheers...

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment