Pages

Search blog and web

I never want to have sex with my wife. Divorce?

First time posting here and basically looking for any kind of advice. I met my now-wife in 2011 through a dating website. Things moved fast, she got pregnant in late 2012, we got married quickly, and now we have the greatest 7 month old son. I love him more than anything, and I couldn't picture life without him.

She and I, however, have grown distant. We barely have sex, and it's mostly because I never want to. And it didn't start after the baby was born. It was kind of always like this. She thinks I have low sex drive but it's not true. In other relationships I've been in, sex was constant. And if it wasn't, I was quick to leave. Now I fantasize about sex with other women all day long. I've had conversations with myself about how did I get into this relationship and take it so far when I knew I was never really smitten with her. I think about how strange it is to be in a marriage like this. We're in our early 30's. She's attractive and successful. She's a great mom and she's honestly a great partner. But I have no sexual feelings for her at all anymore. I know I sound like an *******. I feel like one too. I don't want to hurt her anymore. She deserves better than me, on that we both agree.

Now we are considering divorce because it seems like there is no hope in sight. I think we can both be good parents even if we aren't married. After mentioning that to her, of course, I slept in the living room. What do you think? Is sex a reason to end a marriage? Will I always think about other women?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment