Pages

Search blog and web

My poem to my husband

I like to write poetry and it's something I haven't done for a long time, I wanted to send my H a card for valentines and decided to write a poem to go with it. Thought I'd share...


My dear darling husband,
My amazing best friend,
We're no longer in a partnership,
Our relationship had to end.

We had some amazing times together,
Such a colourful past,
We lived our lives hand in hand,
We really did have a blast.

We travelled the world & had so much fun,
We connected in such a deep way,
We built our lives together,
Our hopes & dreams the same.

We have two beautiful children,
For that I'll always love you,
Your a wonderful father to them,
That's one thing I always knew.

The past few years have not been good,
We've struggled to make it work,
We tried so hard but struggled through,
There's been lots of pain & hurt.

We relied on each other way too much,
We didn't stand on our two feet,
We allowed our identities to be lost,
Until we both admitted defeat.

Now it's time to spread our wings,
And find who we are again,
We owe it to ourselves to grow,
To people we are now not then.

Marriage is like a flower,
It needs attention & lots of care,
We neglected to water our relationship,
The dedication just wasn't there.

It kills me to imagine my life without you,
It really hurts a lot,
But this is something we have to do,
It isn't a choice we've got.

I hope one day you see me,
In the light you always did,
The respect you had for me returns,
And you appreciate the way I live.

I hope one day we can draw a line,
And leave the past where it belongs,
No more resentments & arguments,
Which is what we wanted all along.

I pray one day you realise,
That in the end we're meant to be,
That this is just part of our journey,
It can make us stronger you will see.

I believe you are my soulmate,
But we both lost our way,
Fate is now in charge of our lives,
And we can only live in the day.

Happy valentines my sweet,
You will always be in my heart,
This is now a time to be true to ourselves,
A brand new fresh start.

(By Heartbroken84)

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment