Pages

Search blog and web

Legal impliations emotional damage to kids, but abuse is not "reportable"

Spoke to my new IC about behavior my H is doing which has me concerned for my kids. She said she definitely understands how this is hard for me to see, and almost definitely terrifying for the kids, and emotionally damaging to them. She said he didn't know where the cutoff of emotional or verbal abuse was technically from a legal aspect. She said also though it was "not OK" what he does is not considered reportable. She suggested I talk to H about how his behavior is "abusive and terrifying" to the kids. I have tried before, I will try again. I honestly don't think he understands this is abusive, and wouldn't try to damage the kids. However, he will not listen to me because he cannot handle feeling criticized.

My question is two-fold. Other than talking to him directly, are there other resources I can try to get him to see how behavior towards the kids is damaging? Other question, if it is not "reportable" does that not mean it is legal consideration in the event of separation, for custody considerations? My concern is down the road, if this can't stop, and if the marriage falls apart, that he continues to do this to the kids and I wouldn't be there to keep him in check or protect them, or that it might escalate when another adult is there.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment