Pages

Search blog and web

Stuck in the middle

Hi Guys, this is my first post, need some opinions though I think I know what you will all say.....

I've been married just seven months to a guy I thought was my true love after a long and loveless marriage before from which I had one daughter, now 22.
Unfortunately that marriage ended when he died five years ago and the following year I met my new man. She and he have never got on, I suppose he was intruding on us from her eyes and my relationship with her, which was never very good (Daddy's girl) has deteriorated. She left home to go to college and then on to live in jobs, coming home in between for short spells. She's done some stupid things, as teenagers do and giving my new husband some credit, he has only ever tried to help her and has never stepped in between us. Until last time when he simply stood up and asked her to leave as she was verbally abusing me, again. Needless to say, she left the following day and then we found his Ipod was missing from the kitchen table.
Since then, earlier this year I discovered some of his mothers jewellery had gone missing whilst I was decorating our walk-in wardrobe. Two years ago a holdall that I had bought as a Xmas present for my husband went missing from the same cupboard, and despite denying borrowing it I found it in her car boot. The jewellery case was right next to it in the base of the cupboard, sadly due to lack of other suspects we both believe that she may have 'borrowed' it, again she has denied it. There really are no other suspects and given that she has helped herself to other things of mine (as kids do ) I have no option to believe that she may well have taken it. I can only assume it went along with the holdall when she was off on a jolly weekend with her then boyfriend, a long time ago. We cannot say when we last saw the jewellery, probably when he moved in with me earlier that year and so have no solid proof.
Now the situation is that my husband cannot accept that it has gone, that I can do nothing about it now, I have tried to get to the truth but with no avail. And so he now does not want me to have anything to do with her and says that it will lead to us splitting up if I choose to support her any more. She is my only flesh and blood and despite not having a good relationship with her she does need me at times and may do over health issues in the future and I do love her, of course I do. I love him too, our relationship was everything I could have wanted compared to my last marriage. How can I be expected to choose, him or her? Either way I lose. It's like, cut off a limb or die, my choice. At the moment I am suffering his silence, again, any affection is one sided from me and sex has gone out of the window and I can't see how I can fix any of it?
Cookies if you have got this far!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment