Pages

Search blog and web

When did it come to this?

My husband and I have been together since we were 18, and we are now 26. We have two beautiful little girls (6yrs and 2yrs). We have been through it all together! We've always remained strong as a couple... until now. The past two years I have been in school finishing my degree in dental hygiene and he has been working as a lineman building power lines. His job has taken him all over and he is currently about 5 hours away from our home. Everything had been going just fine in our lives and we just purchased our first home together which we will be moving into next week. This last week he admitted to being an alcoholic, which was no surprise to me and had me pretty concerned about our marriage right then and there.
Now, fast-forward to Tuesday night- I call him when I know he should be done with work, and his phone goes straight to voice mail. So I figure he must still be working. He calls me back about an hour later, obviously drunk. He tells me they got done early and he read, and watched tv all day. RIGHT..... I'm not an idiot. I questioned his drinking and he gets belligerent with me. He tells me I am such a loser (in other not so nice words) because I haven't been working for the past two years and that I have no right to question him. I get mad and hang up. I try to call back later but he ignores my call.
Wednesday morning I get a text saying "I quit drinking, you have my word. I'm so sorry" Later I'm having lunch with my best friend and he calls me and says "I hit rock bottom last night." At that point I told him I'd talk to him later as not to alarm my friend. Later on he calls and says he felt bad to treating me like that, and I don't deserve it. I said that I know there has to be more. He breaks down almost crying and says "I got drunk and got cozy with a girl at the bar." I had to coax more out of him. He then came to tell me that he invited her back to his hotel, and he wanted to sleep with her. She left and he didn't even get the chance (obviously a smart lady because I hate him when he is drunk too). He said if she hadn't left he would have had sex with her. I was irate of course. I asked if he told her that he was married, and he didn't. I feel so violated. I almost feel like he did still cheat on me. I'm so hurt and bewildered. I've never done anythin g like this to him. I don't know where to go from here. He asked me if he should come home early, but I told him I was too upset for that. He comes home today and I am not looking forward to it. Worst part is, we are staying with his parents for a week until we can move in to our house. He keeps calling and texting me to apologize, but I don't even want to hear it. Where do I go from here??? I know he didn't actually cheat, I realize this but it still hurts!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment