Pages

Search blog and web

Why do I look younger now (at 20) then I did at 16?!

I'm a 20 year old girl, and I feel like I used to look older a few years ago, than I do now. I matured very quickly (by 11/12 I was 5'6.5, the same height I am now) and everyone would always guess me to be much older and I looked the oldest in the class, and could easily get out of school for lunch by pretending I was in year 10 or something. By 14, I even managed to get into a few over 18 nightclubs without any ID. People would always be shocked when I told them my age, and most people guessed 18/19. When I was like 16, I smoked occasionally and could very easily get cigarettes (I was never asked for any ID) and alcohol too, I was never asked for id in newsagents/off licences, and people always assumed I was about 19.

Now though, I'm 20, and people my age, I feel look a lot older/more mature if that makes sense? Everyone assumes at uni that I'm 18 when they don't know me, the general reaction when I tell people my age is 'bloody hell! i thought you where 18!' and people tell me I look 'so cute' and that they feel they 'need to look out for me'. I always get ID'd now at nightclubs and some people have even guessed me to be 17! Meanwhile I feel like all my friends (some younger than me) all look a lot more mature/adult than I do and I feel like I now have a bit of a baby-face (which I don't feel I used too) and that I look like I just finished secondary school or something, I don't feel like a woman, I feel like a girl. I have a womanly/curvy body though I'm slim but I still think my face looks very young. Is this a good thing, and will I be grateful for it when I get older? Or is it not normal? Should I look older by this age? Do any of you feel like you look younger than you are?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment