Pages

Search blog and web

Depressed, Anxious and Fearful about the rest of my University life. What to do?

So its been one month since I've started my second year at university.

For starters I'm getting along okay with my housemates, which can somewhat be said to be my main friendship group here in Uni. We live as a group of 6.

Problem being that whilst we're all from Hong Kong, I studied in an International school in Hong Kong whereas they all studied in Local school so theres a slight cultural gap thing and because of that cultural gap we've had our fair share of conflicts last year and at the beginning of this year.

We're all getting along just fine right now, but I'm slightly worried about the remainder of this year and pretty worried about my third year, socially anyway.

I have a pretty large pool of acquaintances or small time friends so to speak. No one that I really trust or share secrets to. My housemates are just friends to me rather than good friends. They all seem to get along with each other much better than with me. Also since within our group of 6, one of us is a third year who should be graduating by July if all things go well, another has a placement year next year and will also be gone next year and that leaves me and the other 3 that will be advancing into year 3 of pure studying, I'm worried that based on how things are now those three will choose to find a place to live themselves, as a trio and I'll be ditched.

It sounds childish of me maybe but I've been trying to make new friends and potential housemates for the next year. I can always apply for on campus housing but then theres only like 66 spots for returning students and its on a first come first serve basis and being the pessimist that I am, I'm insanely afraid that I wont get a place there and end up having to live off campus, in a bad location with strangers that I wont get along with.

So what should I do?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment