Pages

Search blog and web

Husband and my family issues...... need help!

I am an Australian Citizen and recently got married to a man who wished he could live in Aus but did not have the visa to stay permanent.
Before all this I was dating him and now he is my husband.
I dont believe he is using me to gain his stay here and I believe he does love me but there have been a few issues with him and my parents getting along well.

My parents did not like him at the start all because they thought he was using their daughter to gain his stay and also because I got pregnant before marriage. We ended up having a termination and in the end we got married. My parents were not so happy. We both can tell my parents dislike him, but after getting married my parents tried hard to respect him and all. After all this my husband also dislikes my parents since he can feel that my parents are not very fond of him and hence tries to avoid them all the time and shows no respect at all.

He avoids seeing them, talking to them, looking after them when he loves his mother, sister and nephews (as in looks after them more than anyone else in the world). I feel this is really complicated since this all started from somewhere somehow and don't know what to do...

My friends think that he should appreciate that my parents eventually accepted him...
The many reasons why my parents are not fond are:
- Has not got a stable job.. English lacks hence worried about future earning etc.
- I got pregnant...
- He doesn't try to socialize with my fam and instead always has this serious face whenever we meet them

Recently my husband and his sister (sister is a permanent resident in AUS) wanted to bring their mother (currently overseas) to AUS by sponsoring her. This involves money and the process is quite difficult (He is currently getting sponsered through me and once gets his permanent visa he can then sponsor his mother). He spoke to me about it but I felt he was being selfish... I dont know if this is me not being understanding or if what I feel isn't a wrong thing but I felt like he was thinking only about himself and his family and not caring one bit about mine...

My parents had a hard time with money and all and they do worry a lot about me... hoping I am happy with my decisions just like normal parents would...

How should I go about all this... I feel so upset when he doesn't care about my family and I tell him that all the time but all he does is raise his voice over mine when I should be the one complaining.....
He says things like
'I dont like going to your parents place... I know they are not fond of me and I dont like them either'
I tell him as a married couple we should learn to respect eachother's families too since we are one big fam now...I go to his sisters house at times and help with things etc..
He says 'Then don't come to my sisters place and don't help her out..simple!' etc... that kind of attitude...

What should I do...
Pls Help....

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment